Have you worked in the Life Sciences sector or Pharmaceutical sector in a Business Development role? Do you have experience of working with CROs or the wider clinical research market?
If working from home whilst earning a fantastic package appeals, this could be the role for you!! Ideally you will be based in the Boston area as this is where many current/potential clients are situated.
Our client is a leading services company focussed on the pharmaceutical and life science sectors. Their services include, event management, patient services, translation and travel management.
They are seeking an experienced Business Development Director to support and maintain the successful growth of our clients' services in the USA and promote the overall brand.
Our client provides Event, Travel, Patient and Technology services to large CROs and Pharmaceutical companies.
The role will be home based and you will be provided with all the tools to carry out this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the client’s sales initiative by focusing on both new and existing client development opportunities. In addition, assisting the overall business in reaching the anticipated revenue target set for the year for allocated accounts and new business.
The Business Development Director will create new opportunities, arrange face-to-face and teleconference meetings and play a 'hands-on role’ at client meetings. You will also be expected to work closely with the operations and proposal teams to deliver on the projects.
The duties attached to the role of Business Development Director include but are not limited to:
- Seeking, securing and maintaining business with existing accounts and new clients, focusing on lead generation and appointments for capabilities presentations
- Preparation of presentation materials as required
- Converting business leads and be responsible for integrating new business seamlessly into the Operations team
- Work closely with other members of the worldwide Sales/BD team, to develop high quality, relevant proposals and presentations
- Identify and promote strategic solutions to meet identified needs and gain client trust
Desired Skills and Experience
The person appointed to this post will need to be energetic, flexible and adaptable, with an open and welcoming disposition.
- Experience in a new business sales environment within the Pharma or Life sciences sector is essential
- Strong passion for sales, and enjoy maintaining and winning new business, and importantly, nurturing client relationships
- Consultative sales experience is a MUST as is having the "hunter mentality
Established influencing skills, professional conduct and emotional intelligence
Ability to balance and effectively prioritise a heavy and pressured workload in order to meet deadlines, including when travelling for business needs
Strong administration, communication and 'attention to detail’ skills.
A great opportunity to join a growing and dynamic business where the earning opportunities are huge. Apply now.