Are you a skilled business development person who has experience of selling EVENT/MEETING based solutions within the life science and healthcare sector.
Unfortunately candidates who do not have the necessary event/meeting sales skills within this sector cannot be considered for this role.
Great SIX FIGURE package, superb commission plan, plus 25 days holiday, plus remote working - INTERESTED?
If working from home whilst earning a fantastic package appeals, this could be the role for you!! The role can be based anywhere within the East Coast or Mid West area.
Our client is a global clinical solutions company, primarily focussing on patient and meeting related services for the pharmaceutical and clinical research industry.
They are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to support and maintain the successful growth of our clients' services in the USA and promote the overall brand.
The role will be home based and you will be provided with all the tools to carry out this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the client’s sales initiative by focusing on both new and existing client development opportunities. In addition, assisting the overall business in reaching the anticipated revenue target set for the year for allocated accounts and new business.
The Business Development Manager will create new opportunities, arrange face-to-face and teleconference meetings and play a 'hands-on role’ at client meetings. You will also be expected to work closely with the operations and proposal teams to deliver on the projects.
The duties attached to the role of Business Development Manager include but are not limited to:
- Seeking, securing and maintaining business with existing accounts and new clients, focusing on lead generation and appointments for capabilities presentations
- Preparation of presentation materials as required
- Converting business leads and be responsible for integrating new business seamlessly into the Operations team
- Work closely with other members of the worldwide Sales/BD team, to develop high quality, relevant proposals and presentations
- Identify and promote strategic solutions to meet identified needs and gain client trust
Desired Skills and Experience
The person appointed to this post will need to be energetic, flexible and adaptable, with an open and welcoming disposition.
- Experience in a new business sales environment having provided Event/meeting Management sales experience would be advantageous.
- Strong passion for sales, and enjoy maintaining and winning new business, and importantly, nurturing client relationships
- Consultative sales experience is a MUST as is having the "hunter mentality
- Established influencing skills, professional conduct and emotional intelligence
- Ability to balance and effectively prioritise a heavy and pressured workload in order to meet deadlines, including when travelling for business needs
- Strong administration, communication and 'attention to detail’ skills.
A great opportunity to join a growing and dynamic business where the earning opportunities are huge. Apply now.