Managing Director required.
Our client is a leading Interior designer and manufacturer of childrens nursery furniture with offices in Sussex and the heart of Chelsea.
They are now looking for a Managing Director to grow their well established business and take it to the next level of its growth phase. Ideally, you will have worked within an SME and have an understanding of the luxury market place and delivered outstanding growth and expansion within previous roles.
You may be a current MD looking for a new challenge or a strong Commercial Director with brilliant business skills.
This role offers a six figure salary and a long term incentive plan.
Facilitate growth of business and support of Board of Directors strategy
Manage team across both sites Chelsea and Sussex approx. 14 people in following departments of the business: Production; Logistics; Creative including studio; Sales; Marketing; Finance; IT; Buildings and leases, Commercial agreements and partnerships etc.
Creating and driving efficiencies in production and logistics, improving quality control processes
Manage all relations with key suppliers
HR - recruitment of all members of staff when needed including planning staff holidays & including temporary staff
Responsible for monthly P&L and Balance Sheet
Company financial management including cash flows control/authorisation; managerial accounting; financial planning and execution; budgeting; cost efficiency and gross profitability, financial modelling for internal projects
Reports to BoD
Manage all legal issues
Who we would like:
MBA or related master degree desirable and at least 5+ years managerial track record preferably in an international environment
- Entrepreneurial, high degree of urgency, self-starter and ability to get things done
- Evidence of developing, growing and expanding brands across global regions.
- Experience of driving sales and implementing processes and systems
- Hands-on manager who is not afraid to get their hands dirty
- Strong numeracy skills; ability to proficiently work with PowerPoint and Excel
- Outstanding people skills to build relationships with customers and staff
- Strong time management, attention to detail and excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience in the luxury market a plus but not a requirement
- A second language is preferable but not critical
For more information on this exciting role, please do get in touch ASAP.