Are you a skilled business development person with extensive experience of consultative selling within a B2B market?
Up to £42k salary, plus a further £20k+ commission or OTE. Great package, superb commission plan, plus 27 days holiday and everything else you would expect from a leading company.
Our client is a global media business who produce numerous exhibitions across the globe and is highly respected within the markets they operate within.
They are seeking an experienced Business Development person (job title (Sales Manager) to support and maintain the successful growth of our clients' services in the UK and promote the overall brand.
Some travelling to Europe will be required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the client’s sales initiative by focusing on primarily new client development opportunities, although any business won will be retained and account managed by this person.
These opportunities are selling exhibition and sponsorship space at the three exhibitions.
The Business Development Manager will create new opportunities, arrange face-to-face and teleconference meetings and play a 'hands-on role’ at client meetings, whilst maintaining strong telephone activity.
The duties attached to the role of Business Development Manager (Sales Manager) include but are not limited to:
- Seeking and securing new business whilst focusing on lead generation and appointments for capabilities presentations
- Preparation of presentation materials as required
- Converting business leads and be responsible for integrating new business seamlessly
- Work closely with other members of the exhibition teams, such as Operations and Marketing
- Identify and promote strategic solutions to meet identified needs and gain client trust
Desired Skills and Experience
The person appointed to this post will need to be energetic, driven, flexible and adaptable, with an open and welcoming disposition.
- Experience in a new business sales environment is essential.
- Strong passion for sales, and enjoy maintaining and winning new business, and importantly, nurturing client relationships
- Consultative sales experience is a MUST as is having the "hunter mentality
- Established influencing skills, professional conduct and emotional intelligence
- Ability to balance and effectively prioritise a heavy and pressured workload in order to meet deadlines, including when travelling for business needs
- Strong administration, communication and 'attention to detail’ skills.