If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined in the Policy, please do not submit any personal data to us.
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
Elliott Barton Limited is registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations and any other applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
What information will we collect? How will we use it?
Whilst you can use the Website without giving out your personal data, once you contact us via the Website, provide us with your CV or upload user information, Elliott Barton Recruitment will collect personal information about you (such as your name and contact details). This data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to provide recruitment services to you. This can include:
- matching your details with current job vacancies;
- providing you with information about job vacancies advertised through the Website;
- providing you with recruitment services;
- providing you with job alerts;
- carrying out market research and analysis;
- to answer enquiries, feedback and complaints;
- internal record keeping;
- to give you information that you request from us and to improve our services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to allow us to operate the Website efficiently;
- to ensure that the content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; and
- to keep the Website secure.
We may also collect technical information about you when you visit the Website. This information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, browser plug-in types and version, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Website, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page. Information about your visit(s) to the Website may also be collected. The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access the Website.
Who do we provide your information to?
Where you have provided us with your CV, and where it is necessary or appropriate to do so, we may send information relating to you to:
- prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process in order for them to assess your job eligibility. We will not forward your details to our clients without discussing the relevant position with you first and obtaining your consent to do so.
- third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client has requested. Some examples of these are; references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation and/or skill tests; and
- companies and individuals that we engage to perform business functions and services on our behalf. Such functions may include, for example, hosting our web servers, analysing data, providing legal, accounting and marketing services.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- in order to prevent or detect a crime;
- if required to do so due to legal, statutory or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements; or
- in relation to the transfer of Elliott Barton Recruitment’s assets due to an acquisition, merger, re-organisation or otherwise.
How can you access the personal data we have on you?
You have the right to request access to the personal information we have relating to you. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity.
We will fulfil your request by sending a copy of your personal data electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method.
How can you correct or delete your personal data?
If you believe that the personal data we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so that we can update it and keep your data accurate. If at any point you wish for us to delete information about you, you can simply email us at email@example.com.
Please ensure that any CV provided to us is updated from time to time in accordance with your current circumstances.
We recommend that you print a copy of this page for your reference.
How long will you hold my information for?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller. We aim to delete your Personal Data after two years unless we have your permission to continue holding it.
How can you make a complaint?
How can you contact us?